just giving badge

Friday 15 October 2010

When it rains look for rainbows!

One of the things that is going through my head at this moment is that saying: "When it rains look for rainbows, when it's dark look for stars."

I got a Facebook message from a friend this evening, which was lovely, thank you Jo! It challenged me to think about how I could make the most of the situation I currently find myself in.

Why not try to write a blog?

Having never done anything like this before, I made "the call" to my husband in work this evening to ask where I would start! He made some fairly helpful suggestions, and well, here we are!!!!

On Tuesday 7th September 2010 I was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. I have cancer - even getting the courage to put it into words / type at times can be difficult, but it is our reality and as surreal as it seems it is something we as a family are coming to terms with.

In the midst of the deepest, darkest despair, and the black clouds of gloom, questions, shock and trauma that come with such a diagnosis, I have discovered so many rainbows and stars in my daily life - the many blessings, privileges and joys that I, and we as a family, have come to share.  Simple things, such as enjoying family time with our three boys, realising that many people with this condition are extremely ill before they get a diagnosis like this, spending time with great friends, taking time to do things I enjoy.

No it is not easy, no it is not fair, but it is what it is. 

Through this blog I would like to share with you, when I can, what you might pray for, how you might support us, but most of all it is a place to share the story of our life on this journey.

I hope you journey with us and experience the many rainbows and stars along the way! (as well as the days when perhaps they are a bit more difficult to find.)

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for your openness and vulnerability in this Louise... will be following your story prayerfully...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world of blogging, but sorry it took this challenging situation to get you here.

    Hugs and prayers that your lovely shining light and faith will reach many more through this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Louise, you have been incredibly brave this far and I am sure you have a way to go but please take some time to believe you can and will get over this horrible time and that you will look back in many years time and this will be a distance memory. You have got to stay positive, many people are praying hard for your recovery. I will see you really soon love. Cathy M. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for taking the courage to share your thoughts. May you know that many walk beside you in all of this but God holds you in the palm of his hand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Louise I am extremely proud to be your cousin , you are an inspiration to all around you,your bravery and dignity astound me. You are constantly in my thoughts love you very much , huge hugs hope to be able to give you one of these in person soon love you loads x x x x Ruth x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be following your journey ~ You have many who are here to cheer you on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for allowing us to share in your journey too. I cannot fathom what you are facing and I am simply glad that with your candidness, your boldness that I may be able to lift you and your family in prayer in accordance to your needs. I admire and appreciate you.

    ~ Barb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found your blog through JanMary. Praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your journey with all of us
    You will be amazed at how many new friends you will make
    Sending a hug your way

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's your turn to be ministered to now. Writing a note on your blog just to let you, Colin and the boys know you're being though of and prayed for every day is both humbling, amazing and a great support. Thanks Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing, you are most appreciated.

    ReplyDelete